Wednesday, June 11, 2008

NYC: Leaving the Hospital


Dearest Ones,

I want to let you know that I was released from the hospital on Thursday, which was a great relief. Being at the hospital felt like going down a black hole but God held my hand every step of the way and brought me out. God allowed me to have a beautiful experience the day before I left the hospital. The woman in the bed next door took a turn for the worst and her daughter was grieving deeply. Elvia, Hae Young and Mindy had been very kind to her paving the way for what happened next. As I heard the daughter grieving I felt overwhelmed with grief myself, I knew I had to share with her how Jesus had helped me when my mother died, so we called her in so I could talk to her and as I held her hands in my hands and spoke to her about our loving Jesus she decided to accept Him into her heart. It was such a sweet privilege.

Unfortunately while in the hospital the lower half of my body filled up with fluids so I’m a little bottom heavy, but day by day we are trusting Jesus to manifest His complete healing. This Friday I go back to the doctor to see if I can continue the chemo. I’m challenged to live by faith and not by sight. Please continue to pray for a miracle because God has promised it.

Thank you so much for all your emails, cards and words of encouragement. Everyday in the hospital I would read the cards and the emails, which were always a bright spot in my day. I love you all and thank you again for your prayers and support during this time. God recently gave me another verse that has encouraged my heart “ This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.” (John 11:4)

Always in Him,
Betsy

(photo at top: Mindy, Vicky, Betsy, and Elvia leaving hospital)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Corona and Lyme: living it up in the time of Covid-19

Jency, Carmen, and me doing facials It was my friend Jaime who sent me this text. "Oh no, Betsy, not Corona AND Lyme!" I had j...